Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wee Nam Kee for my 24th!

I brought the whole gang at Wee Nam Kee for my birthday and I expected a sweet rumble (the usual happy family thing ;p) from them because we're complete and together!



Famous for their hainanese chicken in SG, Wee Nam Kee extended their branches here in the Philippines. I guess they got a good warm welcome from us cos  good reviews from pinoy bloggers poured down from sky net as soon as they opened their first store in manila.

Wee Nam Kee Fried Rice (P225) - Honestly, their fried rice seems to be a bit lame for its price. Scarcely fit for two and I can't even spoon a good amount of toppings.



Pork Asado (P235)  - With just the right amount of sauce, this one's a perfect blend and the meat was well-cooked!



Seafood Tofu Hotpot (P320) - The light taste and warm tummy feeling is so relaxing!




Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet (P280) - our usual fish fillet at home.



HK Birthday Noodles (P335) - Wok-fried egg noodles mixed with vegetables, quail eggs and seafood.



Hong Kong Fried Noodles (P315) - Wok-Fried Egg Noodles with pork and mushrooms



Cereal Prawns (P395) - Boon Tong Kee's version of cereal prawns are way better than Wee Nam Kee's. This is my only choice for the night and all I  had are thumb sized shrimps covered with a mountain of flakes.



Steamed Hainanese Chicken (P888) - We order the regular chicken instead of the yellow one because it's a bit pricey for me..I love how tender and tasty the chicken meat is...our only problem is their ginger sauce which is too salty..


We also had the Pork Marmite Ribs (P285) and asado pork rice (P190)

I was expecting a lot from Wee Nam Kee because I heard good reviews about it but experiencing it on your own is still the best way to find out. The service was good but the food, we didn't enjoyed much. It was OK, but not the type I would crave until next time.

Still, the food was secondary. It was my birthday, we contained the fun in their function room.=)

I ALWAYS thank God for giving me a very loving and understanding family!=)



Wee Nam Kee
Unit 1-023 G/F New Glorietta


No comments:

Post a Comment