Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mom and Tina's with Madam and Dougie.=)

My friends here were turning into avid followers of some lifestyle show on tv that they seriously wanted to eat where the host would dine or  what has been featured lately. I, on the other hand would go with the flow since I've never been to their target restaurant which is Mom and Tina's Bakery & Cafe.=)



Like the usual trend on every cafe's ambiance, Mom and Tina's deliver comfort food on their snug and cozy set - up.



We were just in time for breakfast but instead of having the usual pancakes or egg and hashbrowns, we opted to stretch our eyes for some other good eats.

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich (P345) - Thin slices of grilled rib-eye with onions and melted cheese on a focaccia bun, served with potato chips on the side. Your choice of Cream Cheese or Cheddar Cheese.

The oozing cheese over meat was something worth drooling for.=)


Chicken Spinach Lasagna (P210) - Homemade spinach pasta layered with chicken, tomato and cream sauce.

I just couldn't ask for more from this..Mom and Tina's take on Chicken Spinach Lasagna was almost close to perfect!


Shepherd's Pie (P245) - An Old World favorite – ground beef and mushrooms in a delicious sauce covered with mashed potatoes.

My doors tummy is open for mashed potatoes but definitely not a favorite. Still, the presence of beef and mushrooms made me took some extra spoonfuls for this.=)


Everything else seems so right except the SERVICE. I hate to say this but I have to so there would be space for improvements...The waiters were ill-mannered for some weird reasons. We were having our talks and all but it's obvious that we're not yet done with our food then I'm surprised that the waiter gave us our bill and left. I thought one of us had the signal but my other two colleagues were surprised as well. We let it slipped and another wave of bad vibes came when another waiter is fixing our table and getting our plates even though we're not done yet.

If I had a problem with anger management then probably I'll shout the hell out of me cos we were the only group dining in plus two more tables occupied by couples and they're rushing us that way?

Anyways, we also tried their cupcakes and pies.. we even bought some for take out. It was good enough for it's price.=)



Everything here wouldn't be possible without this person below. Thanks Dougie for the treat!!!=D


Mom and Tina's Bakery and Cafe
Makati Branch
Tropical Palms Condo









No comments:

Post a Comment