Friday, October 11, 2013

Kanin Club at Paseo de Sta. Rosa

I am always chilly for Filipino restaurants not and never because I hate our own food culture but because I get used with Nanay's version of Filipino dishes and I hate to compare everytime we eat at such restaurants..Let's face it: Nothing beats every pinoy dish served and cooked by our mothers at home.

But. We have friends and they would bring you to a restaurant like Kanin Club at Paseo de Sta. Rosa and you have no choice but to eat with them..I was really hesitant at first..but when I saw that a lot of people where craving in, I thought maybe their food is worth trying.

IMG_0492

The place was very Filipino so it's given that its welcoming. The service is warm and fast considering Filipino dishes are hard to prepare.

IMG_0504

(Please excuse me for the low quality photos since these were taken using just my iphone 4s.=/)


Ginataang Hipon (P313) - Fresh shrimps in a saute of fresh- squeezed coconut milk with wing beans and onions.

I am a fan of "Ginataan" dishes and this one is no exception  at all!

The buttery sauce plus the rich flavor of coconut milk was a hit and you can't go wrong with the generous serving of big and well - cooked shrimps!


IMG_0527

Crispy Pork Binagoongan (P243) - Pork Belly in a bed of Bagoong sauce.

This one's a bit unusual because it has tomatoes and a bit sour for me making it like "sinigang". Anyways, that's why versions are invented..

IMG_0518


Kare - Kare (P376) - Ox tripe, pork leg chunks and vegetables in peanut sauce.

The thick sauce and strong peanut taste over the sweet side was lovely! This was a knockdown dish( I think,always) wiped out in an instant.

IMG_0514


Crispy Tadyang (P329) - Crunchy and lightly seasoned beef spare ribs.

Described as it is but I'm not really into dry dishes except lechon.=)

IMG_0522

I'd like to bring my whole family here on a lunch time If only there's a nearer branch.. My friends and I enjoyed what we had and since they brought us a delighful meal, our conversations got less because we are very much concentrating on eating.=)


With my co-nurses/friends.=)

IMG_0507


No comments:

Post a Comment